Support means so many things to me. As a company, we make beautiful bras that support women and help them achieve their idealized physical shape. As a woman, one of my most rewarding responsibilities is supporting other women as they grow their careers and businesses, both financially and through mentoring. Helping shape the future, with more successful women, and women owned businesses is one of the most fulfilling way to spend my time.
We take pride in supporting women all year round, but in March we get special the opportunity to witness our direct impact first hand. March 13ths is officially Smart & Sexy Day and every March (Women’s Month), we team up with The Alliance of Career Development Nonprofits to host Smart & Sexy Day events in cities throughout the country. Smart & Sexy Day Events help give women the tools they need to enter, or re-enter, the work force. There’s more to being successful then just building an impressive resume, it’s about building confidence.
2016 Smart & Sexy Day Attendees
Women who attend Smart & Sexy Day at a participating ACDN location will receive Smart & Sexy foundation garments from Smart & Sexy as well as job seeking skills training from leading local industry professionals and dedicated volunteers. Attendees will also be taught how to shop and build a professional wardrobe on a budget. This year’s events will be taking place at the following locations:
- Bloom (San Rafael, CA) – March 16
- Bottomless Closet (New York, NY) - March 23
- Career Wardrobe (Philadelphia, PA) - March 27
- Desert Best Friend’s Closet (Palm Desert, CA) – March 24
- Jackets for Jobs, Inc. (Detroit, MI) – March 15
- Junior League of Elizabeth Plainfield Career Closet (Cranford, NJ) – March 22
- Ladies of Valor Empowerment (Miami, FL) - March 25
- Suited for Success (Oklahoma City, OK) - March 23
- Tailored for Success (Malden, MA) – March 30
- Transforming Lives & Restoring Hope, Inc. (Roanoke Rapids, NC) – March 18
- WHW (Santa Ana, CA) – March 24
- YWCA Allentown’s The Perfect Fit for Working Women (Allentown, PA) – March 27
As Smart & Sexy day Marches on, we ask that you take the time to help empower women around you, starting with yourself.
CEO & Founder of Smart & Sexy
What does support mean to you? Tell us in the comments below!